A twist on an East Coast classic: Crispy Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Canadian Whisky and Apple Bacon wrapped around tender scallops, barbecued on skewers with slices of apple and drizzled with a whisky and balsamic vinegar.
Perfect for any barbecue, they're sure to be a hit. Sweet, salty, crispy, tender, juicy, they're so easy, and so delicious!
See more photos and photo instructions at http://isaynomato.com!
|1/2 cup||whisky (Glen Breton is the brand used in the bacon)|
|1/2 cup||balsamic vinegar|
|1 Pkg||Maple Leaf Canadian CraftTM Canadian Whisky and Apple Bacon|
|~20||medium-large fresh scallops patted dry|
|2||large apples sliced|
1. Pour the whisky and balsamic vinegar into a small pot on the stove over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil, and then set it to simmer until the volume is reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes. When it is finished, remove from heat. It will continue to thicken as it cools (You can let this go while you do the other steps! Just keep an eye on it!)
2. Slice the bacon in half, and wrap one piece around the sides of each individual scallop before pushing it on the skewer (see the pictures at http://isaynomato.com).
3. Alternate bacon-wrapped scallops and apple slices on each skewer.
4. Heat up your grill and place the skewers on. Grill for 2-3 minutes on all four sides so that the bacon is evenly cooked, but the scallop stays tender.
5. Drizzle the bacon-wrapped scallops and apples with the whisky and balsamic vinegar reduction.
If you need to use frozen scallops, defrost them first.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet