Freshly grilled oysters are a family favourite at my house!
|12||oysters, scrubbed clean with both sides of the shell on|
|4||Villaggio sausage buns|
|1||small head of green cabbage, shredded - about 4 cups|
|1 tbsp||Chopped pickled ginger|
|1 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|3 tbsp||Lime juice|
|2 tsp||Minced lemon grass|
|2||Cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Pinch, red pepper flakes|
1. Sart by making your slaw. Combine cabbage, mayonnaise, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, oil, lemon grass, garlic, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Toss and let sit while you grill your oysters.
2. Heat grill to medium high and put oysters cup side down, flat side up, on the grill. Close the lid for about 8 minutes and let the oysters cook. After 8 minutes, open the grill and most of the oysters should have popped open on their own. Remove them from the grill and, wearing oven mitts, use a knife to finish popping the shells open and severing the connective tissue.
3. If you like your oysters a little rarer, they're ready now. If you like them a little more well done, toss them back them back directly on the grill for a few more minutes.
4. Combine butter and chili flakes and spread on the buns. Toast on the grill if you wish.
5. Top buns with slaw, 3 oysters each, and enjoy!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet