An easy to make chicken recipe that incorporates locally grown basil, Maple Leaf Prime Chicken and yummy cheese!
|1/2 cup||Homemade Walnut Basil Pesto (make your own or buy Pesto in store)|
|4||Maple Leaf Prime Chicken Breasts (cut into slices)|
|Non-stick cooking spray|
|Salt and pepper to season|
|1/2 cup||Mozzarella Cheese or Jarlsberg Cheese, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Spray a lasagna/casserole dish with non-stick spray.
3. Use a spatula to spread 1/4 cup of your pesto over the bottom of the dish.
4. Cut your chicken breasts into strips and lay them in a single layer in the baking dish.
5. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Use the spatula to spread the remaining 1/4 cup of pesto over the chicken strips.
7. Cover your dish with tin foil and pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
8. Once the chicken is almost done, remove the tin foil cover and sprinkle with your grated cheese.
9. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer. I use the broil feature to nicely brown the cheese.
10. Once browned, remove and serve hot with rice and local in-season vegetables.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet