I love bringing a toasted sandwich on a nearby picnic. It combines the comforts of home with the freshness of being outdoors.
|8||Slices of Dempster's Whole Grain bread|
|4||Fillets of salmon, skin removed|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil, divided|
|2 tsp||Wasabi, paste|
|4||Cloves, minced garlic|
|4 cups||Baby spinach|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan at medium heat and place all four fillets of salmon in the pan to cook. Season salmon with salt and pepper to allow fish to cook through, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Next, prepare the mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise with the wasabi in a small bowl. Add more mayonnaise for a milder flavour or more wasabi for a stronger flavour. Set aside.
3. When salmon is fully cooked, remove fillets from the pan and add remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic for about 30 seconds and then add the spinach. Saute the spinach until it begins to wilt, about two minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. While the spinach is cooking, toast the Dempster's Whole Grains bread and spread a little garlic mayo on four of the pieces of toast.
5. When the spinach is finished cooking, divide it among the remaining four pieces of toast and top each piece of spinach covered toast with a fillet of fish. Top the fish with the wasabi mayonnaise covered toast and enjoy!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet