This "Sammy" is full of creamy avocado, gooey cheese and spicy salsa.
Toasted and hot, this "Sammy" feeds any hungry meat lovers!
|2 tbsp||spicy hot salsa, mild or medium can be used|
|1/4 cup||shredded havarti cheese or jalapeno havarti|
|4||-6 slices Maple Leaf Natural Selection chicken or turkey slices|
|4||-6 Maple Leaf Ham, honey or smoked cut very thin|
|2||slices multigrain Dempsters bread|
|1 tbsp||butter or margarine|
1. Mix cheese and salsa in a small bowl.
2. Spread butter on one slice of bread.
3. Place butter side down in a preheated skillet on medium heat.
4. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the slice.
5. Layer the chicken slices over the salsa.
6. Then the avocado. Then layer the ham over top. Top it with the remaining cheese mixture.
7. Butter one side of the remaining slice of bread. Place butter side up on sandwich press down firmly.
8. When bottom piece of bread is golden brown, flip the sandwich with a spatula, browning the top piece of bread for 1-2 minutes on medium heat, melting the cheese.
9. Slice into 2 or 4 pieces
This can be made ahead and popped in the oven to toast.
Can be eaten hot or room temperature
Show More Comments
No Comments yet