A bright and colourful salad perfect for any occasion.
|2||large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks|
|1||Head of garlic|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil, divided|
|1||Pinch of salt and pepper|
|1/2 cup||Peanut butter|
|1/3 cup||Lime juice|
|1 tbsp||Pickled ginger|
|1/4 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|3/4 cup||Snow peas, halved|
|1 cup||Bean sprouts|
|1/4 cup||Green onions, minced|
|1/4 cup||Salt peanuts, chopped|
|4||Maple Leaf Prime Naturally Portions Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts|
|1||Lime, quartered for garnish|
|1/2 cup||Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grill to medium high.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Line them in an even layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Slice the top 1/2 centimetre of the head of garlic off. Place the head of garlic on a small square of foil and pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the centre of the head of garlic. Wrap the foil around the garlic and place it on the same cookie as the sweet potatoes. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes soften. Occasionally stir the sweet potatoes while they are cooking.
4. Grill chicken breasts until fully cooked. Then let rest for at least five minutes before cutting into bite sized pieces.
5. While the chicken, potatoes, and garlic are cooking, make your dressing. Vigorously stir together the mayonnaise, peanut butter, lime juice, vinegar, pickled ginger, and red pepper flakes.
6. When the potatoes and garlic have finished cooking, let them cool slightly and then peel and roughly chop each clove of garlic.
7. Add the dressing to a large bowl and toss with the green onions, snow peas, bean sprouts, and chicken. Add the potatoes and garlic and lightly toss. Sprinkle with peanuts.
8. Serve on plates with lime wedges for squeezing and garnish with plenty of fresh cilantro.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet