My kids head back to school in one week and I am already starting to think ahead to easy lunch menu items that nourish as well as please the taste buds. No small feat when your kids have vastly different ideas about what makes up a tasty meal. Enter the Tenderflake Puff Pastry Pocket. They are easy to make ahead of time and yummy even when served cold.
|1 Pkg||Tenderflake Puff Pastry|
|pizza mozzarella cut into 1-2 cm cubes|
|2||slices of ham cut into cubes|
|1/8 cup||flour for dusting surfaces before rolling|
|small bowl of water for sealing seams|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Dust your rolling surface and rolling-pin lightly with flour and roll out each square of puff pastry until it is and 11" x 11".
- Cut each square into triangles. You should end up with 8 triangles.
- Add 2 squares of cheese and ham to one corner of the puff pastry triangle.
- Brush a bit of water along the seams then fold over to form the pocket.
- Gently seal seams with a fork
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake on center rack of oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is a nice golden brown. I recommend checking every two minutes at the 20 minute mark to avoid burning.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet