|8||slices of Villaggio Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread|
|1/2||cup of milk|
|1/2 cup||Ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||fresh blueberries|
|1 tbsp||lemon zest (approx.1 medium sized lemon)|
|Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)|
|1 cup||Maple syrup|
|2 cups||fresh blueberries|
1. In a small bowl mix together water and cornstarch and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, blueberries and
butter. Stir gently and bring to a boil. Stirring continuously add in cornstarch mixture. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of your spoon.
3. Serve warm over French toast.
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine Ricotta, blueberries, lemon zest and sugar. Gently stir together and set aside.
2. In a wide shallow dish, such as a 9x13 baking dish whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
1. Spread 1⁄4 cup of Ricotta mixture onto 4 slices of bread. Top each with plain slice of bread. Working with one sandwich at a time, dip sandwich into egg mixture, soaking each side for roughly 30 seconds.
2. Over medium-low heat melt 1⁄2 tbsp. butter in a 9” non-stick frying pan. Cook 1-2 sandwiches at a time 3-4 minutes on either side until golden and egg is fully cooked.
3. Serve with warm blueberry sauce and dust with powdered sugar.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet