Bonnie Stern I bow to you. I am a "it must have chocolate to be desert" kind of guy, but this cake is so rich, delicious and cravable that it has become one of my most desired indulgences. From Bonnie's book Friday night dinners this has become iconic in our house!
|1.5 tsp||baking soda|
|1.5 tsp||baking powder|
|.5 tsp||Kosher Salt|
|.75 cup||Brown Sugar|
|1.25 cup||Whipping Cream|
|.5 cup||Butter - diced|
1. Bring dates and water to a boil and remove from heat. Add baking soda and let stand 5 mins; puree.
2. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs 1 at a time.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gently fold into egg mixture alternately with pureed dates in 3-4 additions, beginning and ending with flour. Transfer to a greased and parchment-lined 9" round springform pan or 12-18 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350F for 60-75 mins or 20-25 mins for muffin cups. Cover with foil if cake is getting too dark.
4. For sauce, bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer gently 5 mins or until slightly thickened.
5. With a fork or skewer, prick holes in cake when it comes out of the oven. Drizzle 1/3 sauce over top and let sink in. Cook for 10 mins, then invert onto a flate. Pour remaining sauce over top before serving.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet