An easy weeknight dinner that can be adapted to include your favourite toppings.
|2 tbsp||coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1 tbsp||brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tbsp||lime juice|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|4 tbsp||sour cream|
|1/2 tsp||chilli powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||lime juice|
|zest of half a lime|
|1 lb||sirloin tip steak|
|1 Pkg||Dempster's Flour Tortillas|
|1 Pkg||refried beans|
|1 can||black beans|
|2 cups||cooked rice|
|shredded cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese)|
To Marinate the Steak:
1. Toast the peppercorns, coriander seeds and red pepper flakes in a small pan until fragrant.
2. Crush the spices using a mortar and pestle, or with the back of a heavy pan on a cutting board.
3. Combine the toasted spices in a bowl with the sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice and oil.
4. Place the steak into a zip-top bag and cover with the spice mixture. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the Chilli Lime Sour Cream:
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adjusting seasonings to your personal preference.
6. Cover the bowl and place the sauce in the fridge until ready to serve.
To Assemble the Burritos:
7. Add some oil to a medium pan and cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes per side, or to your liking. Allow the steaks to rest for a few minutes before slicing them into thin pieces, cutting against the grain.
8. Heat the refried beans, either on the stovetop or in the microwave, and set aside.
9. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and heat in the oven, or just warm them in the microwave.
10. Spread each tortilla with the refried beans, add the toppings you want, then add a dollop of the chilli lime sauce.
11. Fold your tortilla and serve with salsa, plain sour cream, guacamole or other sauces for dipping.
This recipe originally appeared on InSearchOfYummyness.com.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet