A traditional Spanish omelet with ham and onions. A balanced breakfast of protein, carbs and healthy fats. Egg portions can be modified to create a thicker omelet. Recipe is portioned for 2 people.
|1||1cm thick slice of Maple Leaf Natural Selections Naturally Smoked Ham|
|1.5||large white potatoes|
|1/4 cup||of milk, water, or soy|
|1 oz||cheese (personal preference)|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
- Heat large skillet with olive oil or oil of choice to medium.
- Take 1 1/2 potatoes, rinse and slice thinly, into 1/2 cm sections. Rinse once again.
- Microwave potatoes with 1/2 cup of water in a covered dish for 7 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, cube 1 or 2 thick slices of Maple Leaf Natural Selections Natural Smoked ham, place in hot skillet.
- Dice 1 large onion into small pieces, add to hot skillet with ham.
- Add any other desired vegetables to skillet, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Fry on medium heat until ham is browned and onions are cooked. (5-10 minutes)
- Remove ham and onions from pan, set aside.
- Drizzle oil in pan, place a single layer of potato slices evenly covering the bottom of the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Put 4 large eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl, whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes, then spread ham and onions over top.
- Place any remainder chunks of cooked potato over top.
- Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes on low, or until egg is fully cooked.
- Poke holes in omelet with fork during cooking to speed up egg cooking.
- Once egg is cooked, shred desired and type of cheese over top and cover once again for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Cook eggs on low heat to ensure omelet will not stick to pan. Potatoes should be golden brown on underside when fully cooked.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet