a hearty and nutritious lunch for when the weather turns cold. This lunch will provide all the nutrition and sustained energy for growth, learning and playing.
|1||lb. Maple Leaf Prime minced turkey with Rosemary|
|1 Pkg||chopped mixed mushrooms (about 150 g.)|
|1||medium sized red onion|
|2||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1||small can tomato paste|
|.25 cup||cold water|
|2||tablespoons chili powder|
|1 tbsp||ground cumin powder|
|2||teaspoons dried minced garlic|
|1 tsp||fennel seed|
|salt||and pepper to taste|
|1||pkg. raw coleslaw|
|.25 cup||oil and vinegar salad dressing|
|balsamic||vinegar and olive oil added|
|to||taste if desired|
|sweet||potato per person|
|8 oz||cold milk per person|
1. put olive oil into a large skillet. Put the skillet on medium high heat.
2. add the chopped onion and brown for 2 minutes.
3. add the minced turkey, breaking the meat into smaller chunks. Turn heat to high. Keep turning and browning and breaking the pieces into smaller chunks until all the pink is gone. Add a bit of water if needed, This should take about 7 minutes.
4. add the package of mushrooms to the turkey, keep browning and turning until all the mushrooms are cooked with the turkey. You may have to add a little extra olive oil.
5. Add the chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, stir we..
6. Add the can of tomato paste along with the water. Stir until well mixed and hot. Place the completed turkey mixture into a large bowl.
7. in the meantime, place the sweet potato into the microwave. Cook for about 4 -6 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potato - until soft.
8. Slice the sweet potato down the center and open the potato up a bit. Put it on a plate. Place about one cup of the sloppy turkey chili mixture into the (each ) potato.
Toss the coleslaw in a bowl with the dressing and serve 1 cup on the plate.
add a cup of milk and the fruit and serve.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet