|1.5 cups||whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp||kosher salt|
|0.5 tsp||baking soda|
|0.5 tsp||baking powder|
|0.66 cup||butter, unsalted, room temperature|
|0.5 cup||brown sugar|
|0.25 cup||honey or maple syrup|
|1 tsp||almond extract|
|1 cup||quinoa, cooked and cooled|
|0.5 cup||coconut, unsweetened|
|1 cup||dark chocolate chips or bits|
|0.5 tsp||nutmeg or allspice|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. With a stand or electric mixer, cream butter, sugars, and honey until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract, and spices, and mix until pale and fluffy, about 2 more minutes.
5. Mix in flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in cooked quinoa, coconut, and chocolate. Plop spoon size balls of dough onto sheets an inch or so apart, and bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet