A hearty, but elegant Panini. Great with a glass of wine for brunch..
|2||slices of porchetta|
|1 tbsp||garlic mayo|
|4||thin slices of sweet potato|
|1 tsp||crumbled goat cheese|
1.Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 4o minutes. Set aside to cool.
2, At the same time sweet potato is cooking, roast your garlic for the mayo. Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic. Sprinkle with olive oil. Bake at 400 for 30 mins or until tender.
3. Once garlic is cool enough to handle, remove the flesh from bulb and mash, stir into mayo according to taste. Add minced parsley if desired.
4. Slice sweet potato thinly or according to taste.
Preheat Grill / Sandwich Press to medium high heat - lightly brushing with oil first
1. Brush bread lightly with olive oil, then lay sweet potato until bread is covered
2. Lay whole leaves or ripped pieces of basil on top of potato
3. Sprinkle goat cheese to taste, then add the porchetta
4. On the remaining slice of bread, spread garlic mayo
5. Add salt to taste
6. Sandwich is assembled, now lightly brush with olive oil
7. Gently place sandwich on grill and close lid
8. After 5 minutes, turn over if necessary, grill for another few minutes until heated through.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet