This tart is made with canned peaches, so you can enjoy it any time of year.
|1||Tenderflake® Frozen All Vegetable Pie Shell|
|1 can||Peaches (28oz)|
|3||Egg yolks, beaten|
|3/4 cup||Premium Sour Cream|
|1/2 cup||Heavy Cream|
|1/8 tsp||White Sugar|
|1/8 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1/4 tsp||Grand Marnier (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare the pie shell according to the package directions. Remove the pie shell from the oven and set aside to cool.
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Drain the can of peaches, then arrange the fruit in the bottom of the pie shell in overlapping circles.
3. Next, combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour. Beat with a whisk until smooth then pour the mixture over the peaches. If it seems like there is too much liquid for the pie shell, don't try to fit it all in. Pour up to the top of the shell and discard the rest.
4. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes. If the edges start browning too quickly, wrap them with tin foil and resume baking.
5. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
6. For the whipped cream, beat the cream on it's own with a electric hand mixer. Once soft peaks begin to form, add the rest of the ingredients and beat until you see medium peaks.
7. Serve the pie slightly chilled, or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of cream.
This recipe originally appeared on InSearchOfYummyness.com
Show More Comments
No Comments yet