Inspired by the grilled oyster mushrooms and Parmesan cheese part of a favorite salad - with bacon added to make this a unique appetizer or side dish.
Wrap the mushrooms tightly since they will shrink when they cook.
Pick bacon with evenly distributed fat and lean so the rashers will hold together for this recipe.
|12||small bundles of oyster mushrooms|
|24||rashers of smoked Maple Leaf bacon|
|.5 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 tsp||red balsamic vinegar (add more if you wish -to taste)|
1. wash mushrooms and assemble into 12 bite size bundles - remember they will shrink by 50 %
2. sprinkle cheese into the middle "cups" of the mushrooms
3. wrap each bundle in two rashers of bacon. You may want to secure the bacon with toothpicks
4. BBQ or grill the bundles until they look ready - some like them very tender, some people prefer them a little crisped up.
5. drizzle a few drops of red balsamic vinegar onto each bundle. Then sprinkle with more cheese and pepper (and salt if you wish) before serving. Serve hot.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet