This dish combines dried fruit, spices, and hot chilli pepper to create a savoury-sweet stew that will warm you from the inside out.
|1||small red chilli pepper|
|1/4 tsp||white pepper|
|1/4 tsp||ground cumin|
|2 tsp||tomato paste|
|1 tsp||lime juice|
|1 tsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|6||Chicken Thigh pieces|
|1 tbsp||grape seed oil|
|1/2 cup||onions, chopped|
|1/2 cup||shallots, chopped|
|1/2 cup||dried apricots, chopped|
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken, zip the bag close and put it in the fridge to marinate overnight.
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
3. Place a large Dutch oven (or braiser) over medium heat. Heat the grape seed oil then add onions and shallots. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the chicken and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes.
5. Add the raisins and apricots, then cover and place in oven.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked and the fruit is glossy.
7. Serve with cooked white rice or couscous.
This recipe originally appeared on InSearchOfYummyness.com
Show More Comments
No Comments yet