A great introduction to tofu.
Note: To press the tofu, place the tofu block on a plate and cover with a few paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Place a heavy pan on top of the towel for at least 30 minutes.
|1||block tofu, extra firm, pressed, cubed|
|2 tsp||sesame OR olive oil|
|1 tsp||ginger, grated or minced|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|0.5 cup||soy sauce|
|0.5 cup||brown sugar|
|3||green onions, chopped|
|1 tsp||sesame seeds|
1. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the cornstarch to the tofu in a small bowl and toss to coat.
3. Add the tofu to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes.
4. While the tofu is cooking, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water and brown sugar. Mix well.
5. When tofu has browned, add the sauce, stir, then bring to a simmer before reducing heat to low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce has thickened and reduced.
6. Serve over rice and garnish with green onion.
Spoon over rice.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet