For Christmas morning delights or on the side of your Christmas dinner plate!
|2 cups||all purpose flour|
|4 tsp||baking powder|
|2/3 cup||Maple Leaf ham, finely chopped|
|2/3 cup||Cheddar cheese, finely chopped|
1. Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Then combine your flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt with a whisk in a large bowl.
3. Next cut in your shortening.
4. Combine your egg and buttermilk in a small bowl and then add this to your flour mixture with the cheese and ham.
5. Stir the dough together and then empty your dough onto a floured countertop and knead about 10 times.
6. Form your dough into a long rectangle and cut it into 16 even pieces.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until the biscuits rise a mile high and begin to turn brown.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet