A great dish for a chilly summer night. Comfort food at it's best.
|2 cups||macaroni, measured raw and then cooked|
|8||Strips of Maple Leaf Lazy Maple Bacon|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|2 cups||Sliced mushrooms, shiitake or button|
|1||Large onion, sliced|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Grated cheddar cheese|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Start by crisping your Maple Leaf Lazy Maple Bacon in a frying pan until it reaches your desired doneness. Remove the bacon and set on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the extra fat. Chop bacon into small pieces when cool.
2. Next prepare your sauce. Melt your butter in a medium pot at medium heat and stir in your flour. When a paste forms, gradually add in your milk and mustard. Whisk and allow your sauce to come to a boil to thicken. Stir in half of the cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. While your sauce is cooking, saute your mushrooms and onions in the olive oil. Saute your mushrooms and onions until they soften and the onions start to brown slightly, about 5 -10 minutes.
4. Combine the pasta, the sauce, the peas (still frozen is ok), and the mushrooms and onions in a large casserole dish. Toss the pasta to combine and sprinkle the bacon and remaining cheese on top.
5. Place casserole under the broiler to melt and slightly brown cheese, about 1-2 minutes.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet