A very forgiving recipe. You can use toasted walnuts in place of the almonds and more or less bacon depending on your personal preference.
|4 slices thick bacon|
|1 pint of roasted grape tomatoes, skins removed|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|handful of fresh spinach|
|two tbsps of goat cheese|
|2 tbsps of toasted slice almonds|
|three portions of linguine or other long pasta|
|coarse sea salt|
1. Wash grape tomatoes and then drizzle with olive oil and coarse salt. Roast in 400 degree oven until softened and skins remove easily. Set aside.
2. Chop bacon and fry in pan until cooked, but not crispy. Place on paper towel and reserve tsp of bacon fat.
3. Toast almonds in hot pan (no oil or fat required. Shake pan to prevent burning. Set aside.
4. Cook pasta. Strain and set aside.
5. Heat up 2 tbsps. of olive oil in pan. Throw in the garlic and stir to prevent burning. After a minute, throw in the roasted tomatoes and as much fresh spinach as desired. ( I used a handful). Add the pasta, a little water, the bacon, and the tsp of bacon fat Cook for a couple of minutes until liquid is absorbed and flavours melded.
5. Pour into pasta dish. Scatter the rest of the bacon, crumbled goat cheese, and toasted almonds.
As a first course, this amount could serve 4. As the entrée, 2 very large portions, or 3.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet