A simple pot pie supper made fancy by braiding together store bought puff pastry!
|1||sheet of puff pastry, defrosted|
|2 cups||Chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces|
|3 cups||Veggies, cut into bite sized pieces (I used a mix of carrots, green beans, and cauliflower)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine the cubed chicken, chopped veggies, and gravy in a large baking dish and bake in the oven until the chicken is fully cooked through, about 30-40 minutes, depending on how large of pieces the chicken is cut into.
3. Roll puff pastry out into a thin rectangular sheet and cut the sheet into ten long, even strips. Line a cookie sheet with half of the strips (lengthwise across the cookie sheet). Cut the remaining five strips in half so you have ten shorter strips.
4. Pull back the ends of the second and fourth strips on the cookie sheet and place one of the shorter strips on top of the three strips not pulled back. Pull back the two strips of pastry over top of the short strip.
5. Now pull the first, third, and fifth long strips of pastry over the short strip of pastry and place a second short strip of pastry next to the first short strip of pastry.
6. Pull the first, third, and fifth strips of pastry over the second strip of pastry and repeat until all ten short strips of pastry are braided into the design.
7. Bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
8. When the pastry comes out of the oven, cut it into 5-6 pieces. Serve a piece of pastry on top of a spoon of the warmed chicken mixture. and enjoy.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet