I love making my own falafel because I know that they are healthy for me and family when I make them myself. Plus I can add in all my favourite ingredients!
|3||Cloves of garlic|
|1 1/2 cups||herbs, cilantro, parleys, mint or a combination|
|1 can||Chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1/2 cup||Panko bread crumbs|
|1/2||Medium onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Tzatziki sauce|
|8||Dempster's tortilla wraps|
|1/2 cup||Feta cheese, crumbled|
|1||Bell pepper, finely chopped|
|2||Leaves of lettuce, torn into small pieces|
1. Combine the garlic and herbs in a food processor and pulse until a paste forms. Add the chick peas and pulse until just mixed.
2. Scrap recipe the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, flour, onion, egg, and spices.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Roll balls of the falafel mixture and place them in the lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes in each side or until browned and crispy.
5. Pile up falafel in Dempster's tortillas with tzatziki sauce and veggies and enjoy.
You may have some falafel left over after making your wraps because the recipe makes about 20-30 falafel. I usually snack on them later!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet