We all love lasagna, so why not turn a family classic into a soup! Great for leftovers.
|2 Pkg||Maple Leaf Prime Naturally® ground chicken|
|1||Small onion, diced|
|1 tsp||Chili flakes|
|2 tsp||Fresh or dried oregano|
|1 tsp||Fresh or dried thyme|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 can||Tomato sauce (8 oz)|
|1 can||Diced tomatoes (28 oz)|
|1 Pkg||Fusilli (or any type of spiral pasta)|
|4 cups||Chicken broth|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese|
1. In a large pot over medium heat add the ground chicken; breaking up meat into small pieces. Cook the meat until brown; about 10 minutes
2. Add onion, oregano, thyme and chili flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and stir well to incorporate.
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth; stir until well combined. Add the uncooked pasta and simmer until the pasta is al dente.
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Top with mozzarella cheese (optional)
7. Serve with garlic bread or toasted sliced baguette
Show More Comments
No Comments yet