This delicious pasta salad is surprisingly quick and easy to make! Store leftovers in the fridge--not that there are likely to be any!
|1 cup||Maple Leaf Country Kitchen Ham|
|2 cups||Fusilli Pasta (tri-color vegetable preferred)|
|1/4 cup||Sweet Pickle Juice|
|1 can||Whole Kernel Corn (approx.350 ml.)|
|1||Green Onion, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Fresh Chives, chopped|
The Pasta can be cooking while the rest of the salad is being prepared, minimizing cooking time.
1. First put hot water on the stove to boil, on high. Salt the water. Using hot water will minimize the time it takes the water to boil.
2. Dice the Ham into approx. 1 cm cubes. Fry the Ham cubes for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. When the water begins to boil, add the pasta. I use tri-color Vegetable Fusilli because of its shape and color, but other pastas are also acceptable--just pay attention to the recommended cooking time, and boil for one minutes less than recommended to get al dente pasta. My fusilli takes 7 minutes to cook, but check your package.
4. While the pasta cooks, mix the Mayonnaise and Sweet Pickle Juice in a bowl. Sweet Pickle Juice is easily obtained by pouring it out of any jar of Sweet Pickles.
5. Chop and dice the Green Onions, Chives, and Cucumber.
6. Open the can of Corn Kernels.
7. When ready, drain the Pasta. Run the Pasta under cold eater to cool.
8. Mix the Pasta, Ham, Mayonnaise mixture, Cucumber, Green Onions, Corn and Chives together in a large salad bowl.
Serve up and Enjoy!
This "salad" is always a huge hit! Hearty and delicious, and featuring Ham and Pasta, this quick and easy meal will satisfy both your stomach and your schedule.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet