Grilled pizza is one of the world's best ideas. And when it's covered in bacon bits and crispy capers, it's pretty much unbelievably good.
|1||ball of pizza dough, homemade or purchased|
|1/2 cup||Cream cheese|
|2 tbsp||Fresh dill|
|1||Small package of smoked salmon, torn into bite sized bits|
|2 cups||Baby kale|
|2 tbsp||Oil, divided|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tsp||Maple syrup|
|4||Slices Maple Leaf Bacon|
|Salt, to taste|
1. Start by heating 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small pan at medium heat. Once hot, add the capers and cook until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Let dry on a paper towel lined plate and dust with a bit of salt, if desired.
2. Next preheat your BBQ to medium heat. While your BBQ is preheating, cut dough into four equal sized pieces and roll or stretch into circles.
3. Place each piece of dough on the grill and close the lid for about 3-5 minutes. If you leave the dough alone, you will get nice grill marks and it will easily lift from the grill.
4. Flip the dough and let the other side cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. When the dough is grilling, whisk together the dressing for your kale. Combine remaining oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the kale and toss to coat.
6. Next stir together the cream cheese and dill to make a herby sauce for your flatbread and microwave your Maple Leaf Bacon for until it's crispy. When your bacon is cool enough to touch, chop it into bite sized bits.
7. When your dough comes off the grill, let it cool slightly and then load up your flatbreads. Smear on some herby cream cheese and top with handfuls of dressed baby kale, pieces of smoked salmon, bacon bits, and crispy capers.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet