If your’e a purist, a traditional potato salad starts with potatoes, eggs, and dressing; it’s as simple as that. You might not want to mess around with something that is a classic, but the possibilities are endless when it comes to making your own signature potato salad.
Featuring the Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Montreal-style Smoked Meat Wieners, I was able to meld combinations of flavours to create this uniquely Montreal inspired potato salad!
|12||medium potatoes (sliced in half lengthwise)|
|1 Pkg||of Maple Leaf Canadian CraftTM Montreal-Style Smoked Meat Wieners|
|1/2 cup||green onion thinly sliced (reserve some for garnish)|
|1/2 cup||dill pickles thinly sliced|
|1/3 cup||vegetable oil|
|2.5 tbsp||yellow mustard|
|1 tbsp||of caraway seed crushed (plus extra for garnish)|
|null||Salt and pepper to taste|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and the slices of potatoes then reduce to a simmer.
2. After 5 minutes add wieners to the simmering potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Toss potato slices in vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat. Cook uncovered, turning once or twice for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Dice potatoes and wieners and combine in a large mixing bowl with celery, onion, eggs, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and caraway seeds.
5. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with reserved scallions and caraway seeds.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet