An at home version of the Lebanese Shawarma. Cooked on the BBQ, and served with toum (Lebanese garlic sauce) and lentils with rice (or even on its own) this recipe will be sure to impress your family and friends.
|2.5 lbs||Prime Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts|
|1.5 lbs||Prime Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|4 tbsp||Plain yogurt|
|3 tbsp||White vinegar|
|1||Head garlic peeled and cloves crushed|
|2 tbsp||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1.2 tsp||Ground Ginger|
|1||Pinch of ground nutmeg|
1. Mix all ingredients with the exception of the chicken in a blender until smooth.
2. Butterfly chicken breast to maximum 1" thickness
3. Place chicken thighs and breasts in marinade overnight.
4. Grill until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
5. Shred chicken and serve on pita, over rice or on its own.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet