Enjoy a healthy, delicious meal with family and friends, while watching a great movie! This turkey lasagna will have you pausing the movie just for seconds!
|1 Pkg||Maple Leaf Prime Extra Lean Ground Turkey|
|1/2 Pkg||Lasagna Pasta|
|1 can||Spaghetti Sauce|
|3/4 cup||Green peppers, diced|
|1 cup||Mushrooms, sliced|
|2||Garlic Cloves, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half|
|1 can||Peaches n' Cream corn (optional)|
|300 g||Ricotta Cheese|
|1 1/2 cups||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
|1/4 tsp||Dried Thyme|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
1. Preheat oven to 380F degrees.
2. Cook lasagna pasta according to package.
3. On med-high heat, put 1 tbsp vegetable oil into a large pot and cook onions until soft and translucent.
4. Add in the ground turkey and garlic, break up the meat until thoroughly cooked.
5. Add in green peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and cook until soft.
6. Pour in the spaghetti sauce, then add the thyme, sugar, and salt & pepper to taste.
7. Once the sauce is finished, put a thin layer of sauce at the bottom of your deep dish (or baking pan) and add a layer of pasta. Spread some ricotta cheese on the pasta, slap on some sauce, sprinkle some corn and spinach and top with grated mozzarella cheese!
8. Repeat these steps 2 more times for 3 layers of yummy goodness! **This is just the order that I did it, but of course you can do it any order you'd like :)
9. Add the last layer of pasta, then sprinkle the rest of your mozzarella cheese on top.
10. Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and broil for the last 10 minutes until cheese is golden. YUM!
11. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting and enjoy with your favourite movie!
Ingredients were simply what I used, you're more than welcome to use your favourite vegetables, or even meat choice! Please share with me your creations and let me know if you enjoyed it!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet