The kids love creamy Chicken anything! But they do not like vegetables, so by disguising them in this Chicken layered bake, it makes for a nutritious, healthy meal that is so delicious - who knew there are green beans there? 043: Dig In Back to School Challenge
|cut||into bite size pieces OR skinless|
|8||oz. fresh whole green beans (cleaned and trimmed) or frozen ready to go|
|8||oz. shredded Swiss or Kids Favourite grated cheese|
|4||oz. sliced mushrooms|
|4||oz. diced sweet white onion|
|2||Tab olive oil for saute|
|2||Tab butter for saute|
|1 can||condensed mushroom soup|
|1||clove minced fresh garlic|
|1/2 tsp||freshly ground pepper|
|pinch||of freshly ground nutmeg|
|4||oz. cream cheese|
|1/2 cup||sliced or slivered almonds|
1. Brown chicken in 1 Tab butter and 1 Tab olive oil (no need to cook thoroughly). Arrange in greased casserole with beans, sprinkle with cheese.
2. Sautee mushrooms and onion in olive oil/butter until tender and starting to brown. Add to lasagne dish. Wipe skillet and toast almonds until light golden brown. Set aside.
3. Combine soup with remaining ingredients, including softened cream cheese and loosely spread over ingredients in lasagne dish.
4. Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove foil, sprinkle with toasted almonds and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Serve with fragrant rice and crusty dinner rolls. Serves 4-6.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet