Paella is a wonderful Spanish dish and quite easy to make! This recipe contains Prime chicken, shrimp and Spanish chorizo sausage.
|1 can||Diced tomatoes|
|3 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1/4 cup||Fresh parsley, diced|
|10 oz||Cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 lb||Maple Leaf Prime Naturally® Chicken Breast, diced|
|10 oz||Spanish chorizo, sliced|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Small onion, diced|
|1||Large pinch of saffron|
|2 cups||Arborio rice|
|4 cups||Chicken broth|
1. Season shrimp with paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and refrigerate.
2. Place the chicken in a medium bowl and season generously with salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan and cook the chorizo sausage until browned and the fat is rendered. Transfer the chorizo to a large bowl; set aside.
4. Add the chicken into the same pan, and cook until browned. This step may need to be repeated, depending on the size of pan. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer the chicken into the bowl with the chorizo.
5. Add the onion to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic, remaining 3/4 teaspoon paprika, and saffron, stir to combine, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes to the pan and cook until the tomatoes have thickened.
7. Add the broth and the Arborio rice; stir and combine.
8. Add chicken and chorizo sausage; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
9. Add the shrimp; cover pan and allow the shrimp to warm up
10. Remove from oven and serve!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet