Weather I am "Car Camping" with the kids or in the back country for a week, I always go that extra mile for dinner on the first night of any Camping trip. Some work before you head out makes this a very easy treat! You can find the recipe for my Dry Rub & BBQ Sauce here on Appehtite.ca . The method below works great any time you want to have ribs but not do most of the cooking the day you are serving them.
|2||Racks Maple Leaf Prime Baby Back Ribs|
|2 tbsp||Bob's BBQ Dry Rub|
|1/3 cup||Home Made BBQ Sauce|
1. Season the ribs well with dry rub and place in zipper bag over night in the refrigerator.
2. Cook the ribs on your BBQ on low for about 3 hours until they are tender but not dry.
3. All the ribs to cool and cut into portions and place in zipper bags.
4. Drive/hike/canoe/snow shoe/ski to camp site.
5. All you need to do now is get your ribs nice and hot over an open fire (or BBQ if you are stuck at home) and brush on the BBQ sauce 3 minutes before serving.
6. Sit back and enjoy being the camp cook hero - and let some one else do the dishes!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet