The rich creaminess of the sauce makes this a delicious meal to enjoy on cold winter nights.
|8||chicken legs, skinless (drumette portion)|
|1||jar of butter chicken sauce (about 300 ml)|
|3||medium onions, diced|
|1||can coconut milk, (about 250 ml )|
|1/4 cup||fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1||green onion, chopped|
|3 tbsp||cooking oil|
|1 cup||basmati rice|
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and add the chicken legs. Pan fry on all sides of legs until the meat is browned all over for about 10 minutes.
2. Place legs on a plate and reserve. Using the existing oil in the pan, sauté the onions until translucent and slightly browned for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the butter chicken sauce, coconut milk and the chicken legs. Stir to combine and simmer on medium low for about 20 - 30 minutes until done.
4. While the chicken is simmering, wash the rice and place in a rice cooker. Add water and start machine, or use conventional method if not using a rice cooker.
5. Serve by placing some rice on a plate followed by two chicken legs. Ladle a generous portion of sauce all over and sprinkle some cilantro and green onions on top. Enjoy!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet