A favourite Sunday night activity with the kids.
|2||bananas (brown), mashed|
|0.5 cup||butter, melted|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour, or half whole wheat if you want|
|0.5 cup||white sugar|
|0.25 cup||brown sugar|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|0.5 tsp||kosher salt|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|0.5 cup||walnuts, chopped (optional) or chocolate chips work too|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare an 8½- by 4½-inch loaf pan by greasing or spraying it.
3. Beat egg, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in milk and lemon juice.
4. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir until just moistened. Sprinkle walnuts (or chocolate chips) on top, if using.
5. Bake for 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet