The BBQ'd spicy stuffed meatballs are great on a grilled Villaggio bun sprinkled with your favourite marinara sauce.The Italian flavours are delicious throughout the meatball stuffing of bocconcini, basil and tomatoes.
|1 1/2 lb||Lean hamburger|
|1/4||Small Diced White Onion|
|4 tbsp||fine bread crumbs|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Italian Seasoning|
|1 tsp||red chilis|
|1/4 tsp||Each of Salt and Pepper|
|6||Small Bocconcini balls|
|3||squirts hot sauce or more if you like|
|1/2 cup||favourite marinara sauce|
|3||Villaggio Sausage Buns|
1) Dice Onion
2) Place Hamburger, diced onion, garlic powder, italian seasoning, bread crumbs, egg, crushed red chilies, salt and pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl and mix well for about 5 minutes.
3) Take a round meatball size and roll in your hand. Stick your thumb in the centre to make a hollow cup.
4) Put one basil leaf in. Be sure to cut the stem off and tip first.
5) Drop in a small bocconcini ball
6) Put in a small cherry tomato. Place in 1/2 of a cherry tomato if they are large.
7) Cover with another small bit of the hamburger meat mix if required to seal the ball and keep the stuffing hidden.
8) Gently roll the meatball in your hands to ensure all stuffing is covered and that it won't leak out.
9) This will make about six large meatballs depending on your stuffing.
10) Place on plate and set in the fridge
11) Preheat your BBQ to 300 degrees
12) Get your meatballs from the fridge and place on the BBQ either on a tin foil plate or on BBQ strength foil. No need to grease as the lean meat has enough fat to keep it from sticking.
13) Gently turn with tongs every few minutes to avoid burning. The meatballs will loosen themselves when they are ready to be turned do not tear or you risk loosing your Italian Filling. Again I stress gently turn and don't leave the BBQ unattended to avoid burning.
14) Depending on your BBQ it will take about 15 minutes to cook the meatballs evenly and thoroughly.
15) Remove and cover with foil.
16) Lightly butter your Villaggio Sausage Bun and BBQ until light grill marks appear. Remove Buns from the BBQ.
17) To assemble your sandwich. Cut the meatballs in half with a sharp knife. 2 large meatballs per sandwich (4 halves)
18) Put as much marinara sauce on the grilled 1/2 bun as you like then place the meatballs on top and cover with the top of the bun or eat open faced.
19) Enjoy the Italian Flavoured Spicy Meatballs on your Grilled Villaggio Buns.
Tasty Italian Flavoured Meatball Recipe that uses Villaggio Buns to compliment the meal.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet