This is a fast and easy recipe that anyone can make. Uses Maple Leaf Bacon, Chicken Breasts, sautéed vegetables and two kinds of cheese. Simply grill on the BBQ to cook a juicy bacon wrapped and stuffed chicken breast. Tastes delicious served alone or with a garden side salad of bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.
|1 Pkg||Maple Leaf Bacon|
|1/2||Medium White Onion|
|1||Clove of Garlic|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
|4 tbsp||Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese|
|4 tbsp||Shredded Mozzarella|
1) Chop up onion, mushrooms and garlic
2) Cut up 3 pieces of Maple Leaf Bacon
3) Add a tablespoon of oil to a frying pan, when the oil is hot sauté bacon, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 10 minutes on medium heat.
4) Pound each chicken breast flat to 1/2 an inch thick and almost into a square shape. You can do this prior to cooking or at the same time if you are familiar with flattening the breasts.
5) Season breast with salt and pepper
6) When sautéed vegetables are golden brown, drain grease
7) Add the sautéed vegetables to a bowl and drop in the 4 tablespoons each of the garlic and herb cream cheese and shredded mozzarella and mix well.
8) Place two tablespoons of the mixture on each breast.
9) Top with an asparagus spear.
10) Roll up the chicken breast length wise carefully keeping the filling inside of the breast.
11) Wrap each breast with 3 pieces of Maple Leaf Bacon. There is no need to hold with toothpicks or string as the bacon seals the breasts closed and keeps them tightly wrapped.
12) Place in fridge and warm up your BBQ to a temperature of 300 degrees.
13) Use a BBQ grilling foil sheet or heavy duty foil with small pierced holes in it placed directly on the grill.
14) Take the breasts from the fridge and set the Bacon Wrapped Breasts on foil and grill on each side until a golden brown. (about 15 minutes in total) Use bbq tongs to cook and turn.
15) When the bacon wrapped breasts are golden brown gently remove from the grill and set on the plate.
16) Let them sit a 2-3 minutes under foil. Plate and cut in half and serve with a side salad our on their own. DELICIOUS!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet