This recipe I learned in europe from a chef that I trained with. His is done with pancetta and i swithced it to bacon. It is a perfect side dish and could be a main dish also. I just heard of the contest now and I know this recipe is a winner. Just try it. It is great.
Bacon is the main ingredient, the fat from the bacon seeps into the potatoes and cheese.
|1 kg||potatoes, thinly sliced|
|300 g||Bacon ,|
|350 g||Brie cheese|
|50 g||Clarified butter|
. 1. slice the potatoes thin. Brush the inside of a frying pan with a little melted butter and line the pan with the bacon leaving at least an inch overhang.
2. Place a layer of potatoes into the pan, sprinkle with a layer of grated Gruyere cheese.
3. Repeat this process until the pan is full but finishing with potatoes being the last layer.
4. Sprinkle a little melted butter over the potatoes. Fold the bacon overhang onto the potatoes and using the remaining bacon completely cover the potatoes.
5. Pre heat the oven to 400F
6. Put the pan onto a high heat to start the cooking process. As you start to see the bacon start to sizzle around the edges place into the oven. Cook at this temperature for half an hour then reduce the temperature to 1350F and continue to cook for a further 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
7. Turn the wrap onto a plate and leave to rest to room temperature before cutting.
This dish is good for many occasions and is really a true show stopper especially for bacon lovers.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet