These Bacon Mushroom Caps are the absolute best pre BBQ appetizer I've ever served. Everyone always practically licks their plate clean!
|1||package of crescent roll dough (package to contain enough dough to make 8 crescent rolls)|
|6||Slices Maple Leaf Bacon|
|1/4 cup||Baby spinach, chopped|
|2||cloves of garlic, minced|
|1/4 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|2 tbsp||Green onions, chopped|
|3 tbsp||Bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup||Cream cheese|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the Maple Leaf Bacon in the microwave for 5-10 minutes, or until crispy.
3. Clean your mushrooms and gently remove the stems.
4. Cut the eight pieces of crescent roll dough in half so you have 16 pieces of dough. Wrap each piece of dough around each mushroom. If your mushrooms were fairly clean and you only need to brush them, the dough should stick easily and you can place on a cookie sheet. If your mushrooms needed to be washed, the dough may not stick as easily and you may need to place them in mini muffin tins for extra support.
5. When bacon is fully cooked, drain any fat and chop it into small pieces. Combine bacon with spinach, garlic, red pepper flakes, green onions, breadcrumbs, and cream cheese in a medium bowl.
6. Using your fingers, pick up a small handful of the cream cheese and bacon mixture and stuff it into a crescent roll wrapped mushroom. Repeat until all mushrooms are filled and your cream cheese mixture is gone.
7. Bake your Bacon Mushroom Caps for 20 - 30 minutes or until the crescent roll dough begins to brown.
8. Serve on a large plate and sprinkle with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet