This is a light, but rich appetizer dish that people of all ages will enjoy! It a Canadian spin on an Italian classic!
|1 tsp||Garlic clove, minced|
|1 cup||Onion, minced|
|10 bunch||Slices of Maple Leaf, diced|
|1/4 cup||Fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|8 cups||Chicken stock|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan Cheese|
|1/2 cup||5% or 10% cream|
|1 tsp||Salt and pepper to taste|
|3 cups||Panko Bread Crumbs|
|2 bunch||Eggs, whisked|
|5 L||Oil for frying|
1. In a large pan over medium heat, heat bacon, onion, and garlic until bacon is cooked.
2. Pour rice into pan and sweat for 5 minutes.
3. Slowly pour stock into rice mixture one cup at a time. Continuously adding stock until the rice grains are softened but firm to the bite.
4. Once rice is cooked stir in chopped basil, parmesan, cheese, cream and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
5. Once cool roll into equal sized balls. Set up one bowl with panko and one bowl with the beaten eggs.
6. Dip risotto balls in the beaten eggs and then roll in the panko. Repeat until all the balls are coated in panko.
7. Heat oil in a large pot or wok.
8. Once oil is hot place the balls in the oil and cook until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve hot with marinara sauce.
This appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser it is full of flavour and richness! Its has a delicious crispy crust with a soft flavourful center!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet