Nice appetizer before dinner with guests. The vegetables and balsamic reduction can be prepped the day before to save time.
When serving, the rolls can be cut in slices and served on a platter, or you can serve the slices as a first course over a bed of greens.
For this recipe, I only used three slices of bacon. Portion one slice of bacon and corresponding roasted veggie per person.
|3||slices of thick bacon|
|3||slices of roasted eggplant|
|3||slices of roasted red pepper|
|2 tbsp||light cream cheese|
|2 tbsp||balsamic reduction|
|2 tbsp||dried cranberries|
|several arugula leaves|
For the eggplant:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Peel eggplant and cut into slices lengthwise. Lightly salt and leave for 30 minutes to allow for eggplant to sweat. Wipe sweat with paper towel
3. Lightly oil pan with olive oil.
4. Lay eggplant on pan and again drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake in over for approximately 15 mins until soft
For the roasted peppers.
1. Preheat oven to broil
2. Place peppers on top rack close to element. Place cookie sheet on rack below to catch any juices.
3. Monitor closely. As each side bubbles slightly and blackens, then rotate peppers until cooked evenly.
4. Take peppers out and put in bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap until cool and the skin comes off easily.
5. Slice and set aside.
For the balsamic reduction:
1. Take 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. of honey. Heat up in thick saucepan. Once mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and let simmer slowly until reduced at least by half. Set aside
***Sauce will thicken, to use the next day, re-heat slightly.
1. Cook bacon in pan or oven to your preference. Be careful not to overcook so the bacon won't crumble.
2. Layer bacon, eggplant, cream cheese, cranberries, arugula (or any herb of your choice) , and red pepper.
3. Roll up
4. Arrange on plate and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Ready to serve.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet