These stuffed sweet mini peppers make a great snack that you can pop right in your mouth. Not only are peppers a versatile vegetable, they're high in nutrients, fibre and antioxidants. Stuffing them with bacon and cheese makes them extra delicious! The crunchy panko topping is a tasty contrast to the soft filling.
|8||sweet mini peppers|
|1 Pkg||cream cheese|
|4||strips of Maple Leaf bacon (uncooked)|
|1/2 cup||cheddar cheese (shredded)|
|1/2 tsp||granulated garlic|
|1||shallot (finely chopped)|
|1 tbsp||fresh cilantro (chopped)|
|1 tsp||butter (melted)|
|1/4 cup||panko breadcrumbs|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Wash and slice peppers in half, lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
3. Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a frying pan over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Add in the chopped shallot and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix the cream cheese, paprika and granulated garlic. Add in the bacon and shallot mixture, then the cheddar cheese and cilantro.
5. Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese mixture and place on the lined baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the stuffed peppers.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes (topping should be lightly browned).
- You can use jalapeño peppers in place of sweet mini peppers if you like things spicy.
- If you don't have a shallot, feel free to use half of a small onion.
- Regular breadcrumbs can be substituted for panko breadcrumbs.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet