This delectable braided bread roll can be prepared in advance and served hassle-free for Christmas brunch or for a traditional festive feast with all the trimmings. Packed with moist and tasty Maple Leaf Ham and an assortment of colourful vegetables, this dish will be sure to please everyone on your guest list. Don't let the lengthly list of ingredients fool you...the actual preparation is straight forward and worth the effort. Just be prepared to receive plenty of compliments : )
|2 cups||Maple Leaf country Kitchen Honey and Maple Smoked Ham, Cubed|
|2/3 cup||Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded|
|1/3 cup||Each Zucchini, Carrot, Mushrooms, Cabbage, Daikon, Grated|
|3 tbsp||Sun Ripened Tomatoes|
|2 tsp||Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||Crushed Garlic|
|4||Roasted Red Peppers, Cut into Strips|
|1/4 cup||Cocktail Onions|
|1/2 cup||Marinara Sauce|
|1/3 cup||Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, Chopped Finely|
|1/2 cup||Roasted Pecans|
|6||Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped Finely|
|1 Pkg||Pizza Dough|
1. In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook ham, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic, sun ripened tomatoes, onions, zucchini, carrot, mushrooms and cabbage, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until liquid is evaporated.
3. Pour marinara sauce into saucepan and add cherry peppers and let simmer for 10 minutes.
1. Sprinkle cornmeal onto greased large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Knead pizza dough and add the olives, pecans and rosemary until evenly distributed.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into 15- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) rectangle; transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese in 4-inch (10 cm) wide strip lengthwise down centre of dough. Spoon meat mixture over cheese.
3. Using sharp knife and starting at 1 corner of dough, make 10 cuts diagonally to form strips about 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) apart, stopping about 1/2 inch (1 cm) before filling. Repeat with other side, starting at corner across from initial starting point. Brush strips with some of the egg. Fold strips over filling, alternating from side to side to create braid. Brush top with remaining egg.
4. Bake in centre of 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 400ºF (200ºC); cook for 15 minutes longer or until golden.
This deletable braided ham roll can be prepared a day in advance for easy serving. Just heat and serve...and be prepared for many compliments!
Show More Comments
No Comments yet