007: Bacon Hero Challenge
|3 cups||White Potatoes- Chopped|
|2 cups||Carrots- Chopped|
|1 cup||Cauliflower- Chopped|
|1 L||Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|1/2 lb||Bacon- Cooked and torn into small bits|
|2 cups||Milk (2% is best)|
|1 1/2 cups||Marble or Cheddar Cheese- Grated|
|1/2 tsp||Each Salt and Pepper|
|1/2 cup||Croutons (optional)|
1. On a baking sheet, cook bacon on tin foil at 350F for 8 minutes. Turn and cook another 8 minutes or until slightly crispy.
2. In a large pot add potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and broth. Add water to cover vegetables if broth is not enough. Bring to a boil and cook until all vegetables are tender with a fork.
3. With a hand-blender/immersible blender, beat potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and broth to a thick fluid. Do not drain.
4. Over medium heat, add milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to soup. Stir frequently until well blended and a consistent thickness.
5. Add 3/4 of the bacon bits and stir.
6. Serve warm with bacon, croutons and cheese on top.
Show More Comments
No Comments yet